....So I was on my way to church with the kids (Alex always goes early so it's just me and the kids)....and I felt something in my hair. (You see where this is going don't you). So I'm still driving...then I put my hand in my hair...and yes.....this picture is what it was! (How did I get a picture of it you ask? As a mother of small children...I have learned to almost always have the camera with me. What possessed me to ACTUALLY take a picture of it? if you blog...you know why! :)) So I stop the car..and yes I screamed! Just like a good 'ol biolgy teacher! Just because I teach biology does NOT mean I like insects. Much less in my hair. Much less when I am driving. I'm sure it was quite the scene to see me trying to get it out of the car so I could drive in peace. The kids were asking me "what mommy? what??? why are you screaming?!" "Oh I have a bug in my hair and it scared me"....so my faithful Veggie Tale watchers in the back seat started singing! "God is bigger than the boogie man....He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on tv...oh God is bigger.....". That made me laugh! The little lessons that they are learning in life, one is fear, they are learning that God IS bigger. AMEN!
Friday, January 9, 2009
God is Bigger than the Boogie Man....
....So I was on my way to church with the kids (Alex always goes early so it's just me and the kids)....and I felt something in my hair. (You see where this is going don't you). So I'm still driving...then I put my hand in my hair...and yes.....this picture is what it was! (How did I get a picture of it you ask? As a mother of small children...I have learned to almost always have the camera with me. What possessed me to ACTUALLY take a picture of it? if you blog...you know why! :)) So I stop the car..and yes I screamed! Just like a good 'ol biolgy teacher! Just because I teach biology does NOT mean I like insects. Much less in my hair. Much less when I am driving. I'm sure it was quite the scene to see me trying to get it out of the car so I could drive in peace. The kids were asking me "what mommy? what??? why are you screaming?!" "Oh I have a bug in my hair and it scared me"....so my faithful Veggie Tale watchers in the back seat started singing! "God is bigger than the boogie man....He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on tv...oh God is bigger.....". That made me laugh! The little lessons that they are learning in life, one is fear, they are learning that God IS bigger. AMEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOOOOVE it!
Post a Comment